Skip to main content

Woo Hoo Hoo Woo Hoo Hoo


And.....I'm back.

I missed writing my blog, I missed the comments from my readers.  I missed the process of putting my ideas in a coherent forum.     

I used to write as The Spartan Wife, but that phase of my life as a military spouse is sadly but a memory.  I miss it every day.   Also, since I took such a long writing break, Blogger suspended my account.   😜

But that's ok!  New chapter in my life - new blog name.   Although I am not musically inclined, anyone that knows me is aware of my love of music.  Eating Lunch all by Myself  is a nod to Already Gone, a favorite Eagles song - and it just fits this part of my life so perfectly right now.    It's tiring being a new person when you're older.  New city?  No one is interviewing for new friends.  No kids?  No help to those carpools.  New volunteer?   You're put on trash collection.   My views?  Not everyone agrees.    Sometimes I am literally eating lunch all by myself.

I hope you stick around for some fun rambling!  You can visit my Facebook page at Eating Lunch all by Myself for some lighter commentary.   I always do try to have a point, be it right or wrong.  But right now, I will end this victory song.  Woo hoo hoo.  Woo hoo hoo.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Tinglng, Dammit!

I'm doing a little science project/product review. I have extremely thin lips - nothing new - they've always been thin.  Must be all that talking all my life.  Truly the only skinny thing about me.     I'm all about better living though science - so I am currently trying a hydrating lip plumper. I chose Grande Lips simply because it was in a salon, it was available, and I didn't have to go online and order it.  Did I mention I was lazy?   I went with Clear tone, that way I wasn't cornered into one color. Directions read to apply it twice a day to clean, dry lips for 30 days.  After application I am then free to apply throughout the day with any combinations of other lip products, or alone. This is my lips this morning before applying the plumper. This is after. There was a slight tingling sensation.  It's working dammit! "Don't be alarmed if you feel a slight tingling sensation; that how you know that it's workin

Singing all by Myself

Have you ever been singing loudly with your friends, or a group of people and suddenly everyone stops.  If they aren't staring at you, they are laughing.    It happens to me quite frequently.  There are only two reasons.  One is because I cannot sing and the second is I often mishear lyrics.     Here are a few of my favorite misheard lyrics by me (and the correct lyrics in case you don't know the words, either.  You are welcome!) P robably the worst misheard lyric I claim is from Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart.   The lyrics are: "And I need you now tonight And I need you more than ever And if you only hold me tight We'll be holding on forever And we'll only be making it right 'Cause we'll never be wrong" I totally blame my Catholic education for what I've been singing for 30+ years: And we'll only be naked in Christ    Then there is Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.   Apparently the lyric

Do You Wanna Build a Snow Man? (I Can't. The Boss has Me Shoveling Snow)

 It snowed last night.  A lot.    But fortunately, we bought a snow blower two years ago almost guaranteeing it would not snow last year.   It did not. But, this is a new year and this is my review. Model:  No idea. Maker:  I don't know.  It came from Lowes. Features:  It's red. Price:  It was on sale. Review:   Getcha one. Short and sweet.  Everything you need to know.  Why waste several hours with a shovel when you can turn this baby on and be able to enjoy the rest of your day?   Even the boss gave it thumbs up.