Skip to main content

Ms Dong Should Have Known Better



China is cracking down on uncivilized behavior!   Is it protesters?  Women's rights advocates?   Union subversives?   No. Not even close.  China is cracking down on public pajama wearers.

According to a recent New York Times article, police recently implemented photo recognition software to identify anarchists and published partial names and places of this public humiliation.  Ms Dong and Mr Niu are two of the identified pajama wearers that lack public morals.  Read the story below.

Pajama Wearers Humiliated

I had this discussion over brunch last weekend in a local farm to table type of eatery.  It was very cold, lightly snowing, everyone was wearing sweaters and boots except for this guy that shuffled by us in his pajamas.  Complete with slippers.   Complete with dog or cat hair on his pajamas and therefore floating in the air.   He actually looked liked perhaps there was a bed in the back corner and he had just rolled out of it.

This is not an unusual occurrence.   I see people everywhere from Wal-Mart to basketball games to the library to the post office wearing pajamas. 

I understand that pajama bottoms are the sweat pants of my generation.  But, I was never someone that wore them publicly.  You wore them to aerobics (nobody girls went to the gym)  or to hang out in, or maybe to weekend breakfast.  Some did wear them publicly - to class or to run errands.   But it was the 80's - big hair, popped collars and day glo for fun.  (I'm mixing fashions - but sweats weren't part of the accessories.)   Popped collars go with madras - not sweat pants!  Did Crocket and Tubbs wear sweats?   No, they did not.

Image result for crockett and tubbsImage result for preppy girl 1985Image result for 80s clothing




 So now it is pajamas.   I'm not sure if people roll around in them for six, eight or 10 hours prior to leaving the house in them - or is it good etiquette to put on a fresh pair of jammies before you go dine locally? 

I think China is on to something.  According to NY Times "The Suzhou ban on pajamas in public is not the first time China has sought to crack down on what it deems uncivilized behavior.  Chinese authorities have imposed fines for public spitting and more recently, gone after the 'Beijing bikini' - the practice of men rolling up their shirts and baring their bellies in the summer."  Rightly so.


Image result for beijing bikini



Sadly, urban officials had to apologize for outing the agitators.

I think Ms Dong should have known better.

Do you wear jammies publicly or once again, am I eating lunch (fully dressed) all by myself?   I'd love to know!

Visit me on Facebook


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Tinglng, Dammit!

I'm doing a little science project/product review. I have extremely thin lips - nothing new - they've always been thin.  Must be all that talking all my life.  Truly the only skinny thing about me.     I'm all about better living though science - so I am currently trying a hydrating lip plumper. I chose Grande Lips simply because it was in a salon, it was available, and I didn't have to go online and order it.  Did I mention I was lazy?   I went with Clear tone, that way I wasn't cornered into one color. Directions read to apply it twice a day to clean, dry lips for 30 days.  After application I am then free to apply throughout the day with any combinations of other lip products, or alone. This is my lips this morning before applying the plumper. This is after. There was a slight tingling sensation.  It's working dammit! "Don't be alarmed if you feel a slight tingling sensation; that how you know that it's workin

Singing all by Myself

Have you ever been singing loudly with your friends, or a group of people and suddenly everyone stops.  If they aren't staring at you, they are laughing.    It happens to me quite frequently.  There are only two reasons.  One is because I cannot sing and the second is I often mishear lyrics.     Here are a few of my favorite misheard lyrics by me (and the correct lyrics in case you don't know the words, either.  You are welcome!) P robably the worst misheard lyric I claim is from Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart.   The lyrics are: "And I need you now tonight And I need you more than ever And if you only hold me tight We'll be holding on forever And we'll only be making it right 'Cause we'll never be wrong" I totally blame my Catholic education for what I've been singing for 30+ years: And we'll only be naked in Christ    Then there is Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.   Apparently the lyric

Do You Wanna Build a Snow Man? (I Can't. The Boss has Me Shoveling Snow)

 It snowed last night.  A lot.    But fortunately, we bought a snow blower two years ago almost guaranteeing it would not snow last year.   It did not. But, this is a new year and this is my review. Model:  No idea. Maker:  I don't know.  It came from Lowes. Features:  It's red. Price:  It was on sale. Review:   Getcha one. Short and sweet.  Everything you need to know.  Why waste several hours with a shovel when you can turn this baby on and be able to enjoy the rest of your day?   Even the boss gave it thumbs up.